Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 4 on Detox

Best Blogger Tips I'm on day 4 of the Raw Food Diva's detox and I feel AMAZING! I have more energy, my skin looks clearer, and I've lost 6 lbs.!

I haven't been following it exactly, like I said. I am very active and need a little extra oomph to get going to the Y in the mornings. I still have my caffeine (two cups of coffee and 4 cups of green tea in the afternoon. I also have a smoothie each day for breakfast.

On Tuesday, I caved and made myself some Parmesan-buttered stove top popcorn. The crazy thing is that usually I have an entire batch to myself. This time I couldn't finish it all. I didn't like the way that my body felt, all bloaty and sluggish. I had half of it and it was plenty for me. The wild thing is that I still lost 1.5 lbs. that day!

This week I have averaged 550 calories burned per day when I work out. Even with the healthier diet that I had worked myself into, I still usually was exhausted by Wednesday and spent the last three workouts drained, unable to get up to 450 calories burned. Today, the fourth workout of the week, I had lots of energy! I made it up to 585 calories today and would have burned over 600 if I didn't get to the Y late.

I'm at 169 lbs. now. I'm 5'8", so this puts me on the edge of overweight now. My highest weight was just before (hours) I birthed my son, 242 lbs. I gained 60 lbs. with my pregnancy and my son is 2 1/2 now. I've struggled to get the weight off and the other diets that I was on left me hungry and exhausted.

I'll keep you posted!Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...