Monday, November 2, 2009

Detox, small steps to keep my family healthy

Best Blogger Tips I'm starting The Raw Divas 7 day detox today.

With all of the flu going around (both types!), I want to be as healthy as possible. I don't think I have a chance of getting my 2 1/2 yr. old or my husband to go on a raw food eating plan with me, but I am going to start moving them toward better health.

My son is already a vegetarian*, so I am going to work toward veganism for him, including more plant proteins and fruits and vegetables. My husband and I usually eat clean meats (beef, chicken, and fish) several times weekly. I'm going to leave out the meat for my husband and move him back into vegetarianism. We were vegetarians for a year about five years ago, but I am becoming increasingly concerned about my husband's health since he has the dreaded apple body type and only exercises a day or two a week.

Have a great day!

E

*We have always been freaked out by the idea of toddlers/babies/young children eating meat (dead animals??). People are often horrified to learn that he is a vegetarian, especially since he is average to above average for his height and weight (and sharp as a tack, if you ask his mommy and daddy!).Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...