Thursday, November 5, 2009

Feeding my family yesterday

Best Blogger Tips Here is what I fed my family today.

Breakfast
Oatmeal (made with rolled oats, not quick oats), a 1/2 c. of soymilk mixed in with the water, 4 Tb. of sugar, and frozen blueberries (very rich in antioxidants!)

Morning snack
Craisins (dried, sweetened cranberries) and a half of a tortilla (made from scratch, though I use a pizza stone for 3 min. in a 450 F oven).

Lunch (husband)
Leftover Mexican casserole (chopped onions, green peppers, serrano peppers, and tomatoes from my garden; corn I canned (though not organic like the rest); and layered with homemade tortillas and shredded co-jack cheese), all lots of flu-fighting vegetables and a banana.

Lunch (Peanut)
Home-canned unsweetened applesauce mixed with organic home-canned unsweetened pear sauce, a 1/2 a slice of from-scratch oatmeal bread and home-blended 1/2 butter and 1/2 canola oil, and a wedge of co-jack cheese.

Supper
Cottage cheese loaf (yummier than it sounds!) and fresh asparagus


My meals for the day:

Breakfast
Smoothie with blackberries, 1 banana, 3 roma tomatoes, and spring greens

After workout snack
4 carrots

Lunch
Smoothie with peaches, 1 banana, 3 roma tomatoes, and spring greens and fresh spinach

Dinner
Fresh spinach salad, raw asparagus spears, 2 roma tomatoes, and fresh pea pods

I better get things going now!Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...