Thursday, September 2, 2010

RECIPE: Vitamin E Lemon Sugar Scrub

Best Blogger Tips RECIPE: Vitamin E Lemon Sugar Scrub

I like to have soft skin. I want it smooth and radiant. The year I turned 25, I noticed that my skin changed.

I went from having oily/combination skin to having dry, itchy skin. I don't like to pay department store prices for beauty products and I like knowing what the ingredients are instead of using unpronouncable

chemicals on my skin.


Since the skin is an organ where toxins are either released or absorbed, you can use this recipe knowing that you are nourishing your body.


Vitamin E is an antioxidant that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, prevents and treats sunburns, treats scars and some skin conditions, and may help prevent skin cancer. [healthy-skincare.com]


The sugar acts as a good exfoliant without drying the skin like salt-based scrubs. It also dissolves as you wash it off which means it doesn't leave the crystals at the bottom of your tub, shower, or sink.


VITAMIN E LEMON SUGAR SCRUB


Ingredients:

1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tb. vitamin E oil (depending on the dryness of your skin)
Lemon oil (optional if not using Puritan's Pride vitamin E)


Directions:

1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Use in the shower to exfoliate your whole body or use in the sink to scrub your hands and face.


Tips:

1. Store the scrub in an airtight container to keep it from absorbing moisture and clumping.

2. Depending on the dryness of your skin, you may not need to apply a moisturizer.

3. Since the scrub is very rich in vitamin E oil, I only use the scrub on my face right before bedtime when it is absorbed best and doesn't leave my face oily all day.

4. The Puritan's Pride vitamin E oil contains a small amount of lemon oil, giving it a refreshing scent.



(Sorry I don't have a picture; I'm still looking for my camera!)

Did your skin feel silky and soft after using this scrub? 

Special savings for my blog readers!  Get your vitamin E oil here!

10% OFF any order at Puritan's Pride Vitamins and Buy 1 get 2 Free! 
Enter code: LABOR10 at checkout. Hurry!  Offer valid for only 6 more days.  
Offer ends Tuesday, Sept. 7.

I have been a Puritan's Pride customer for over four years. In that time, I usually take advantage of the Buy 1 Get 2 Free sales. This is the first time I remember seeing a B1G2 sale with a coupon!Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...