Monday, February 13, 2012

RECIPE: Peach Cinnamon Smoothie

Best Blogger Tips
When I was in sixth grade, I started baking homemade pies.

Each week, I would meet with other sixth graders and our 4-H leader.  We baked cream pies, custard pies, no-bake pies, and fruit pies.  Fruit pies are still my favorite: cherry, blueberry, strawberry-rhubarb, and of course, peach. 
For my family, pie is a food that is reserved for the holidays.  When I make it, I use butter-flavored shortening for the crust and sugar with the fruit.  I indulge. 

Without the greasy crust and sugar, peaches are a great fruit to indulge in. 

Peaches are a great source of potassium and beta carotene.  They also contain two other carotenes, lutein and lycopene, which lower your risk of developing macular degeneration, cancer, and heart disease. 

Cinnamon has a host of health benefits, including regulating blood sugar.  Add it to the peaches, almond milk, and vanilla extract in this smoothie, and you have the taste of peach pie in a glass.

This recipe makes two servings at 135 calories each.




Peach Cinnamon Smoothie
Peach Cinnamon Smoothie
Ingredients:

*16 oz. frozen peaches, thawed
*2 c. almond milk
*1/2 tsp. cinnamon
*1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a high speed blender.

Serves 1-3.

Pin It Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. yum yum. i'm about to make a very similar smoothie!=)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...