Wednesday, October 26, 2011

RECIPE: Vegan Swedish Meatballs

Best Blogger Tips I could tell you that I am posting this recipe because I'm half Swedish.  We have recipes that have been passed down through my family for generations, so I thought I would adapt one of them into a vegan recipe.

But that is only half true.

I was going to post a different recipe today.  I wrote the recipe, formatted the post, prepared the recipe, and forgot to take pictures!

So I made this one up yesterday. 

I was really pleased to see how it turned out since I made it up with stuff I have in my pantry.

VEGAN SWEDISH MEATBALLS

Ingredients:

*1 can kidney beans, drained
*1 c. cooked brown rice
*1 c. quick oats
*1/4 c. ground flaxseed
*1/4 c. flour
*1 small onion, chopped
*1 Tb. oil
*1 tsp. soy sauce
*1 George Washington Brown Broth packet or 1 tsp. beef style bullion
*1/2 tsp. salt
*1/4 tsp. black pepper
*1/4 tsp. allspice
*1/4 tsp. nutmeg

*1 can vegan condensed cream of mushroom soup or make your own using almond or soy milk
*1 1/4 c. original flavor almond milk


Vegan Swedish Meatballs with Broccoli Florets


Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 F and grease 9" x 9" baking dish with non-stick spray.
2.  Mash kidney beans or process in a food processor.  Add beans, rice, oats, flaxseed, flour, onion, oil, soy sauce, broth packet, and spices to large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer.  Mix thoroughly.
3.  Using an ice cream scoop, drop balls of mixture onto baking dish. 


4.  Blend condensed soup with milk.  Pour over meatballs.
5.  Cover and bake for 1 hour.  Serve covered in mushroom soup gravy.

Serves 4

How did they turn out for you?Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...