Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Cookie #4: Terri's Chocolate Cookies

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

My husband is a "chocoholic."  If I have any chocolate in the house, I can guarantee he will eat (almost) all of it.  He will sneak out of the house and drive to get chocolate, sometimes even in the middle of the night.  He doesn't drink, smoke, or take illegal substances.  Chocolate is his drug.

If you know someone with a chocolate addiction, they will love you forever when you make them these cookies.

This is another cookie that we have made for years.  The cookie is chewy and a little crisp, but the taste is rich and chocolately like a brownie.  They are perfect still warm from the oven or with a glass of cold milk. 

First, I creamed the butter and sugar in my Kitchen Aid.

Then, I added two eggs and real vanilla extract.
After the eggs and vanilla were well incorporated, 
I mixed-in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. 
It created a thick, chocolate dough.
Then, I used my cookie scoop to place the dough on the cookie sheet.
I love making all the cookies the same size.

Finally, I used a sugared glass to press down the cookies.
Afterward, I baked them for 7 minutes at 350F.

I ended up with 4 dozen perfectly round,
chewy chocolate cookies.


TERRI'S CHOCOLATE COOKIES

Ingredients:

*1 1/2 c. butter or margarine
*2 c. and 1 c. sugar, divided
*2 eggs
*2 tsp. vanilla
*2 1/2 c. flour
*3/4 c. cocoa
*1 tsp. baking powder
*1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Cream 2 c. sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.

2. In separate bowl, blend flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to sugar and butter mixture. Stir in flour mixture until well incorporated.
3. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet 2" apart. Flatten cookies with glass bottom dipped in sugar.
4. Bake for 7 minutes.

Yields 4 dozen cookies.

Are you crazy for chocolate like my husband? 
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...