Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: Dec. 7, 2011

Best Blogger Tips

I hope you are having a good week!

We finally received our first real snowfall this weekend.  (See pictures of it here.)  That was all it took for me to begin baking cookies.  I started with store-bought dough, but then moved on to making cookies from scratch.  Unlike previous years, I'm doing well resisting the temptation to eat a lot of them!

Because all of the snow put me fully in the Christmas spirit, I'm going to spend most of December on a cookie baking series.  My family always bakes lots of cookies for Christmas.  They are delicious and fun to share.  I also love the memories which come back when we make them, since so many are signature recipes of a family member.

I am still recovering from the cold I came down with a week and a half ago.  I only had one day when I felt absolutely awful.  I have some congestion now, but I still can breathe through my nose.  I got into the habit last week of drinking lots of herbal tea, which has helped take the urge to snack away. 

The cold has actually been somewhat of a blessing.  I took 5 lbs. off (I'm still trying to lose pregnancy weight) and it made me not want to eat.  Instead of eating when I'm bored, sad, etc., I have to make sure I get enough calories everyday. 

On an unrelated note, I started creating making all of my recipes in printable format.  Look at the top of each recipe or post to view a printable recipe card.

Here is what I ate.
I always start my day with a spinach protein shake.
I don't like to eat breakfast, so this way I still get some calories in me.
Next, I brew half a pot of decaf.  I have that much
decaf every day, though I don't always blog about it.
I don't know what I would do with out my Bunn coffee maker.
In my family, getting your first Bunn is a rite of passage.
I come from a family of big coffee drinkers.
About midday, I had a bowl of oatmeal.
The vanilla almond milk made it sweet enough
that I didn't need to add any sugar.
I am eating it every day until I get my Nursing Mom tea in the mail!
 For lunch, I had a bowl of cream of broccoli-mushroom soup.
I made it up the other day, but haven't posted a recipe yet.

 For a snack, I had some mixed nuts.

And I had a few teaspoons of peanut butter.
I used to make my own in my Vitamix,
but I try not to run it around the baby.

For supper, I had a can of Progresso soup
and some Veggie Supreme Baked Sandwich.
I will post the sandwich recipe on Thursday!
I finished the evening with a Peppermint Meltaway cookie.
It will be part of the series I'm beginning next week:
12 Cookies of Christmas


Have you started making holiday cookies or candy yet?

  • Join me tomorrow for my Veggie Supreme Baked Sandwich recipe!

Pin It Best Blogger Tips

6 comments:

  1. Yum, those cookies sound so yummy! I am absolutely obsessed with anything Peppermint flavored, so these sound like my kinda thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me! I need to start my Christmas baking soon!! :D
    Your cookies looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy eats! :)
    I love mixed nuts as a snack with some fruit. Those cookies look soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to bake cookies because I will EAT them! Love mixed nuts as a snack, but I have to be careful with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now so excited for the 12 days of cookies. Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors of the holiday season, so I'm definitely going to have to try out those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm glad you are excited about the cookie recipes.

    I will roll out the Peppermint Meltaways recipe next week. I try to start with them since they are one of the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...