Wednesday, January 18, 2012

RECIPE: Chocolate Cherry Protein Shake

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

When I made my 12 Cookies of Christmas, I made sure I included a chocolate cherry cookie.  My grandfather LOVED cordial cherries, so in his memory I made Hidden Kiss Cookies with a Cordial Cherry Hershey's Kiss inside.

Unlike those yummy Hidden Kiss Cookies,  this protein shake has no added fat or refined sugar and it is good for you!  The chocolately tastes comes from cocoa that may decrease blood pressure, improve the health of blood vessels, and reduce cholesterol.  The addition of cherries to this shake adds anthrocyanins which may reduce your risk of developing certain types of cancer.

This recipe yields two generous servings at 232 calories per serving.



CHOCOLATE CHERRY PROTEIN SHAKE

Ingredients:

*4 c. almond milk
*1 c. frozen sweet cherries
*2 scoops (6 Tb.) soy protein powder
*2 Tb. cocoa

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


How do you get your chocolate fix?

This week, I am sharing some of my favorite smoothie and protein shake recipes.

Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...