Monday, January 30, 2012

RECIPE: Mini Mushroom Pizzas

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

Take out pizza is one of the most eaten foods at Super Bowl parties.  At 350 or more calories per slice, it can also be the most fattening.

At our house, we always choose mushroom and black olive pizza.  It has always been my favorite and I'm proud to say it is now the favorite of my four year-old, too!

I saw a picture of these somewhere on the internet one day.  I thought they would make a perfect snack food for the Super Bowl.

Depending on the type of mushrooms you use, they provide vitamins, protein, and valuable fiber, including the type that may lower cholesterol.  I added a slice of olive for healthy fat and antioxidants. They contain a small amount of lycopene-rich pizza sauce and a sprinkle of mozzerella cheese.

 First, I washed the mushrooms and removed the stems.
Some came out easily, others I had to cut out with a knife.
 Then, I dropped a teaspoon of pizza sauce inside
and put a slice of black olive on each mushroom.
 And I sprinkled mozzerella cheese on top
before baking them.

[Print this Recipe]

MINI MUSHROOM PIZZAS

Ingredients:

*16 oz. fresh mushrooms
*1 small jar of pizza sauce
*1 small can of sliced black olives, drained
*1/4 c. shredded mozzerella cheese

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Use non-stick spray to grease a large baking sheet. 
2.  Wash mushrooms and drain well.  Pull or cut stems from mushrooms and place on baking sheet. Using a small spoon, drop a small amount of pizza sauce into the mushroom cap.  Top with a slice of black olive and mozzerella cheese.
3.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.

What is your favorite type of pizza?

I am sharing six healthy super bowl snacks with you this week.


  • Monday: Learn how to make light and crispy Baked Kale Chips.
  • Tuesday: Still craving something salty and spicy during the game? Try my recipe for Spicy Roasted Almonds.
  • Wednesday: I will show you how to make Tortilla Spirals, a great finger food for your guests and you can see What Matthew Ate Wednesday, my four year-old vegetarian son.
  • Thursday: I will share Four Healthy Dips for your veggie tray.
  • Friday: See How Fruits Can Add Color and Nutrition to Your Super Bowl Feast.

Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...