Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Matthew Ate Wednesday: Jan. 25, 2012

Best Blogger Tips
We are very busy this week!

We are getting ready to go out of town for the weekend.  Our sons have never been in a plane before, which means we have never flown with them!  I don't know exactly how it is going to go, but hopefully it won't be too crazy and the other passengers will be patient with us.

I am also trying to get all my blog posts done for the week and the first part of next week.  My husband is working every day and every night this week before we leave, so I am flying solo with all of the travel preparations.  I have to get the house ready and pack for all four of us. Yikes!

My husband's mother came and watched the boys the day I filmed Matthew's What I Ate Wednesday.  I usually try to get him to eat veggies at supper. However, since we went out and left him with Grandma, I went with congress's designation that pizza is a veggie.

I pulled some homemade whole wheat biscuits out of the freezer
and popped them in the oven for breakfast.
We usually go to church on Saturday mornings
so we almost always have biscuits.
They make a great breakfast-on-the-go
and have higher fiber and protein than regular biscuits.
For lunch, Matthew ate his favorite:
graham crackers dipped in unsweetened applesauce.
I really need to try other fruits than bananas
and applesauce, but at least they are healthy choices!
For supper, Matthew ate black olive and mushroom pizza.
It is what we always get if we order pizza in.

Matthew is still slowly getting stickers for his fruit and veggie chart!

You can get yourself a copy here.

I keep hearing from my friends that their kids are sick.  While I sure there are many other factors, I have to wonder what diets their kids have.  Benjamin is five months old and has never been ill.  I think Matthew has only vomited twice in his life and is always well.

What do you eat when you get take out?

This week, I'm sharing with you six satisfying salads that can be eaten as a meal or to accompany a main course.


  • Sunday: I shared my favorite salad, Spinach with Chickpeas and Mushrooms.
  • Monday: See how I made an Asian Salad with Napa cabbage, Mandarin oranges, and cashews.
  • Today: Check out my Mixed Berry Salad with feta cheese and raspberry vinaigrette.
  • Thursday: I will share Classic Romaine Salad with shredded Parmesan cheese, grape tomatoes, and black olives.
  • Friday: I will show you Haystacks, the only salad my four year-old eats. We make it with corn chips, chili beans, and guacamole.
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...