Sunday, February 19, 2012

Foods I Fixed Last Week

Best Blogger Tips
Since I decided to go vegan a few weeks ago, I am trying out all kinds of new recipes.  I will eventually start to make my own up, but right now I'm still learning!

Here are some of the foods I fixed last week.

Chocolate Chip Blondies.  This are so good!  You won't find any eggs or butter in them, but you will find lots of fiber and protein.

Fudge Daddies.  Vegan fudge brownies.  Lowfat and low in sugar, they have protein and whole grain.  I've made them twice in the past week and regret nothing.

Quinoa.  Naturally high in fiber and protein, I am in love with this grain.  My husband is also crazy for it.  We have been fixing it up in exchange for rice.  When I come up with a recipe for it, I will let you know. : )

Kale Chips.  Low in calories and high in nutrients, these make a great afternoon snack when I'm craving something salty.  Did you know kale can lower your risk for 5 different types of cancer?

Protein shakes.  Although there is plenty of protein in a varied, vegan diet, I am giving myself extra protein with homemade protein shakes.  I'm breastfeeding my 16 lb. 6 month old son.

Breakfast cookies.  Made with no added fat, sugar, or artificial sweeteners, these tasty cookies are full of fiber and protein.  They are great for breakfast-on-the-go!

Loaded oatmeal.  When I have time to make breakfast for my husband, I'm making him loaded oatmeal with 2-3 types of fruit, nuts, and flaxseed.  It gives him energy and nutrition to take on his day.

Salads.  We try to eat a salad with viniagrette dressing for either lunch or supper.  Nuts, fresh veggies, and even a little dried fruit make a yummy, satisfying salad.

Beans.  We are eating beans in everything from dessert (you can't taste them) to main dishes to salads.  They are high in fiber and protein.

Fruit.  I have 3 cups of fruit each day for a snack.  I'm noshing on a big bowl of slightly frozen fruit nearly every day. 

Fruit Smoothies. When want a quick, nutrient-rich snack, I blend up a fruit smoothie.  Filled with antioxidants and naturally occuring vitamins, fruit smoothies are my favorite snack-to-go.

I will let you know when I come up with some yummy recipes to share with you!

I am almost finished with my first eBook, a collection of fruit smoothie and protein shake recipes.  I will share it for FREE with my subscribers!



 



Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...