Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIAW: Running on Empty

Best Blogger Tips I started working out at the YMCA again this week.

Last month, I stopped going, instead focusing on Bs sleep, making sure he slept at least an hour for each nap. Sleeping longer during the day isn't helping him sleep better at night.  Actually, he now can't sleep without me for more than 20 minutes.

So, I decided to start going to the YMCA this week.

My husband (who rarely exercises), has been talking about training for a 5K.  I printed off the plan and we went on Monday.  On Tuesday, he was too sore, but I went and trained even a little harder.

The only time I will go to the gym is in the morning, because I don't like to eat before working out. I always grew up hearing that breakfast was the most important meal of the day and to NEVER skip breakfast.  However, I find I have a lot more energy when I skip breakfast on days I go to the gym.  Since my body isn't busy digesting food, I can put more effort into my exercise.

Of course, I am hungry when I get home and I fill up on a big protein shake, followed by fruit.

Here is what I ate, in no particular order.

  • chocolate cherry protein shake (recipe here)
  • romaine lettuce salad with Annie's Goddess Dressing, dried cherries, and mushrooms
  • 3 Tb. Justin's Maple Almond Butter (SO GOOD! I'm going to sell it at the Farmers Market this year.)
  • Green Giant Valley Steamers with cauliflower, carrots, snap peas, and dried cranberries
  • Peach sherbet I made with frozen peaches, almond milk, cinnamon, and 1 Tb. agave nectar
  • Amy's Bistro Burgers with lettuce, tomato, and olive oil mayo on Ezekiel buns (thinking of selling these, too) and home-baked sweet potato chips
  • Sliced organic Fuji apples with cinnamon (MY NEW FAVORITE SNACK!)
I definitely wasn't on empty by the end of the day!

Thanks for your comments!  "Reply" wasn't working last time I posted.

Do you like to eat before you exercise?




Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...