Thursday, July 26, 2012

Friday Vegetarian Potluck LinkUp & Garlic-Cheese No-Knead Bread

Best Blogger Tips

This next week, it will be a year since my second son was born.

I can hardly believe how fast it has gone by.  Each milestone he reaches fills me with wonder. 

This week, he is really moving.  Only a few months ago, he learned to crawl.  Now, he toddles away from me toward the furniture. 

He once choked whenever I tried to give him anything to chew other than infant "puffs. " Today, he grins and squeals in delight when I give him a piece of homemade bread to chew on.  He gnaws on the buttered bread for a few minutes before easily swallowing it.

Because of my son's newfound love for bread, I'm taking a my Garlic-Cheese No Knead Bread recipe to potluck this week.  This cheese bread pleases almost any crowd.  The savory garlic and slightly sour cheese flavor makes it a perfect bread for slicing and eating or as the basis of a yummy sandwich. 

I also like making this bread because it requires little effort.  I just mix the ingredients up in my KitchenAid mixer, allow it to rise for one hour, then bake. 

I probably won't have time to make it into sandwiches.  Instead, I will set out slices of it that can be spread with butter or margarine, a splendid side for a full potluck plate.





[Print this Recipe]

GARLIC-CHEESE NO-KNEAD BREAD


Ingredients:

*1 1/2 c. warm milk or unsweetened almond milk
*2 Tb. olive oil
*3 c. white whole wheat flour
*1/2 c. gluten flour
*1 Tb. yeast
*1/2 tsp. house seasoning
*2-3 cloves minced garlic or 1 tsp. garlic powder
*1/4 tsp. dried oregano
*1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
*1/4 tsp. dried basil
*8 oz. shredded Colby Jack Cheese
*1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
*Non-stick spray

Directions:


1. Add warm milk and yeast to bowl of Kitchen Aid or other high speed mixer. Stir with beater attachment on lowest speed for 1 minute.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Stir on low until incorporated then increase speed to medium for 1 minute.
3. Grease 2 bread pans with non-stick spray or olive oil. Add dough. Place in microwave proofer or cover with greased plastic wrap and place in a warm room. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375F. Bake for 35 min.

Substitution: You may use 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning in exchange for the oregano, marjoram, and basil.



In the spirit of a delicious potluck dinner, I’m hosting Friday Vegetarian Potluck. Mix up a batch of your favorite recipe and bring it over for supper. You can bring a main dish, a salad, bread, a dessert, any food you want to share.


We do have a few rules for our meal.

1. Your recipe needs to be vegetarian, but it can also be dairy-free, vegan, or gluten-free. Any recipe made without meat will do.

2. Your blog does not have to be about vegetarian food recipes. If you regularly write about gardening, that’s fine. If you usually post recipes with pork and poultry, you are welcome, too.

3. This doesn’t have to be a new recipe post, but I ask that you bring it to the blog only once.

4. Since potlucks are all about sharing, I ask that you post this invite on your blog post. It fits nicely into your html.




TheWay
 
(For help adding the html code above, click here)
 
What recipe are you going to share?
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...